Person of Peace
Many People have asked me how do we go about planting a church. And How do we find people?
We simply do what Jesus did. Speak to people that want to speak to you. And sometimes we have to reach out to people in conversation and then we start to minister to them. They must have influence in their area. It can be good or bad.
Most of these people had a bad reputation. They had influence and Jesus reach out to them or they reach out to Jesus. They had influence in their community.
How Jesus looked for a person of peace
One of my favorite examples is where Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman at the water well. Jesus went against tradition and even what people might think of him
What we can learn from Jesus speaking to her
- Jesus had compassion on her and minister to her in such a way that she could see God’s love and knew that Jesus wanted to help her
- Jesus was willing to speak to her. Samaritans were considered to be lower class citizens and some of the names that were used to call them in the bile is: snake, dog, etc
- It was frowned upon when a man has spoken to a woman openly.
- Samaritans were considered to be unclean and Jesus would have been unclean drinking water that she gave.
- Jesus ministered to her needs and wanted to help her. We have to ask the Lord what we should say to people and how to minister to people
What we can learn from the Samaritan woman
- We know she had five husbandShe was living with another man. It could be she is living in adultery or because she is divorced, she might be staying with a brother or an uncle. Single Woman or divorced woman was not allowed to stay on their own during that time.
- She was greatly touched by what Jesus told her. And that is why she invited more people to listen to Jesus
- She had influence and because Jesus spoke to her she was able to call people to come and listen to Jesus.
- She knew Jesus wanted to help her
How we can apply it on everyday life and on the mission field.
We need are called to be the light in this world. Which means we will stand out and we have to show the way in a Dark World 🌎. Most of the time all it takes is to ask Jesus for an opportunity to minister and to be friendly and show a genuine interest in people. You might not get immediate results, but if you are patient God will give you the breakthrough. Remember it is not about converting to, Christ but it is about making disciples. We are called to make a difference in this world.
Our Testimony-How we applied person of peace methodology
Through the years we had a variety of people that we ministered to, from soldiers, drug dealers, etc. The one person that stood out for me was the Karamajong Warrior and he was the leader of his troop.
We found him on the streets in Kitido, Uganda. He came to church drunk on a regular basis. We ministered to him, loved him until one day in the service he gave his heart to the Lord. We organize a place for him to stay and give him food. We taught him biblical foundations and
One day Ps Wilbert call me angrily and said that this man stole two bicycles. I told Ps. Wilbert that if he is willing to repay the bicycles or give them back we will forgive him. Today that man is running a successful church and helps to evangelize the Karamojong. As far as our knowledge goes we were the first Church planting Organization to plant a church outside in that district in Uganda